David A Finer, a Law Corporation
David A Finer, a Law Corporation

Everyone Should Have An Advance Health Care Directive

If you are married, your spouse will be recognized by medical providers as the person to make health decisions for you, if you are unable to do so. What happens if you are unmarried and you do not have a properly executed Advance Health Care Directive? Unfortunately, a conservator will have to be appointed for you under California law. This is an expensive and time consuming process with one or more court appearances required.


An Advance Health Care Directive is a simple document in which you appoint one or more health care agents to make medical decisions for you if you are unable to do so. You also make end of life decisions in the document and you can name a primary physician to be contacted and  make anatomical gifts, if desired.


To be properly executed under California law, the Advance Health Care Directive must be dated, signed and notarized or witnessed by two disinterested individuals. There are other requirements if you are a patient in a skilled nursing facility.


The document is relatively inexpensive to prepare. DO NOT WAIT FOR A MAJOR MEDICAL PROBLEM! Take action now!



Contact and Appointments

David A Finer, a Law Corporation

15300 Ventura Blvd

Suite 216

Sherman Oaks, CA 91403



818 788-2500











Print | Sitemap
© David A Finer, a Law Corporation

This website was created using IONOS MyWebsite.